Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Hello out there!

In my dreams I have a huge audience of readers that are sad that I have not blogged in a while…. and then reality hits lol. I know of only a handful of people that actually read this lol. Oh well. I thought I would get on and update what’s going on around our household.
Let’s start with our trip. Jeff and I took a much needed long weekend away to Fredericksburg, Tx. It was amazing and wonderful. Since Avery was born in February of 2010, we only had maybe 2 or 3 nights away from the kids and each time was for a wedding so we were gone for less than 24 hours. Needless to say, I told Jeff that before baby #3, Jackson Max, gets here I needed a “recharge” weekend. Little did I know that it would be a great rebonding for us. The day-to-day routine of dinner, baths, bedtime for the girls, and then me passing out reading a book while Jeff passes out on the sofa watching TV all by 9pm, was starting to wear on us. Not in a bad way, just in a “we need a date” sort of way. We are going to be young empty nesters in about 18 years so we think it is very important that we keep up our relationship!
Anyways, I tried to take lots of pictures, and I did the first day around town, but then I slacked off the rest of the trip. I always regret that! I hate being in pictures so unless we are doing something that lends itself to a good photo-op, the camera stays in the bag. Sad smile I need to get better about this! Here’s a few of what I did take:
We stayed at a bed and breakfast right of of Main street so we were just walks from all of the shops and attractions. I took some pictures around the house. It was very cute and quiet but it was not the typical B&B where the owners greet you at the door and cook breakfast for you in the morning. There was a crew that came in and made breakfast every morning so it wasn’t as personable as I had hoped. We liked it but will probably try somewhere else next time.
DSC_0003DSC_0004DSC_0007DSC_0015
DSC_0016DSC_0018DSC_0017DSC_0020
DSC_0005DSC_0011
We ate lots of yummy food. Hondo’s is a favorite there.
DSC_0024DSC_0025
We also ate some not so yummy food. Jeff is a huge german food fan and since Fredericksburg is an old german town he wanted his fix. I, on the other hand, am not a fan and choked it down for him…
DSC_0041DSC_0043DSC_0045
We drove out to Luckenbach just for the fun of it. It consists of a dance hall and an old post office. Pretty much just a tourist trap lol
DSC_0030DSC_0031DSC_0032DSC_0035
And, the best part is the piece of art we got. The pictures don’t do it justice AT ALL but I fell in love with it because of it’s thick texture and shape. The artist is actually an engineer and home remodeler who started making her creations as backsplashes and parts of a home but evolved into free standing pieces. It is the focal point of our living room now and we LOVE it!! I wish I could tell the artist, Megan Zavaleta, how much we love it! You can see some more of her work here.
Thank you mom and dad, and hannah and daniel, for watching the girls and holding down the fort while we were gone. We really really appreciate it and are so thankful to have family close for these things. Avery still tells me how much fun she had with Nanna and Pappy while mommy and daddy went on their trip. Maybe we will have to go on another one Winking smile

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...